Summer Sale! One of a kind and other select items on sale now!
HO and N scale locomotives and freight cars, email me to reserve your sale specials today. First come first served on these limited in stock units.
Athearn HO Alaska Railroad GP38-2's, road numbers 2001 & 2002, two of each road number $84 ea.Athearn HO Alaska Railroad GP40-2's, numbers 3012, 3014, 3015, 2 of each road number $84 ea.Bowser HO Alaska Railroad VO-1000, ARR #1300 w/DCC & Sound (MSRP $299.98) 3 left, $234 ea.Intermountain HO Alaska Railroad F7A "As Delivered" paint scheme in two road numbers 1506 & 1508 w/DCC & Sound, 4 of each road number remain, $234 ea. Buy both numbers and save even more!Atlas HO & N scale 89'-4" Alaska Intermodal flatcars for sale and Cabooses for sale.Athearn Genesis GATC tank cars just arrived in three ARR road numbers, buy all three and save!There's more so email me with questions or to reserve yours today.
> Please email any requests or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Roundhouse Hobbies.
Roundhouse Hobbies is a hobby shop specializing in the Alaska Railroad, formerly Healy Roundhouse Gallery, creator of Alaska Railroad calendars and postcards. We have a dedicated and loyal following worldwide, and a reputation for quaility products at a fair price. Please let us know how we can help you, email or write us with questions or comments. Thanks!
Photo collage: photo of Alaska Railroad's new SD70MAC number 4001, Spirit of Alaska (photo courtesy of Grimes Photography). This new 4,000 hp diesel/electric locomotive weighs over 400,000 pounds and is nearly 75' long. ARR #1825 is a GP7 built on 1951 and acqured by the ARR in 1960. Number 7109 is an Alco S-2 built in 1943 for the US Army, acquired by the ARR in 1955 and retired in 1972. #901 is a 4-6-2 Baldwin Pacific type steam locomotive bought new in 1940 and retired in 1954.
The Alaska Railroad, the perfect prototype to model! The point to point Alaska Railroad runs 450 miles from tidewater to the heart of Alaska, through some ruggedly beautiful scenery. The ARR runs both freight and passenger operations year round. This unique railroad has an abundance of modeling opportunities. It runs coal and gravel trains, oil tank trains, TOFC/COFC, general freight and daily passenger trains. Anchorage and Fairbanks boast large yards and equipment repair facilities. Some fantastic bridges, tunnels, mountains, glaciers, canyons, rivers, small towns and a variety of industries, large and small, keep things fascinating along the line. The ARR currently runs a modern EMD fleet of locomotives and had a wonderful roster of steam locomotives, F units and first generation EMD road switchers in its past. Most of these locomotives are currently available in many of the popular scales. Get started modeling the Alaska Railroad today!
Email us with your suggestions or comments. Right now the most requested Alaska Railroad items are: Alaska Railroad's GP49's, ABI (Alaska Basic Industries) blue gravel hopper cars, the Alaska Railroad ex-Florida Fun train passenger cars and the ex-GN "Denali" Business car. Also in the running are the Alaska flatcars (used to haul containers from the barge).
New and in stock:
- Walthers HO ARR 50' Boxcar in two road numbers, 10951 & 10954
- Walthers HO Russell Snowplow number 4, Beautifully detailed and awesome!
- Athearn HO Alaska Railroad blue & yellow GP40-2's in 3 road numbers.
- Athearn HO Alaska Railroad blue & yellow GP38-2's in 2 road numbers.
- Athearn HO Wide Vision cabooses in two road numbers, 1086 & 1084.
- Atlas HO and N scale ARR 53' Evans boxcars in two road numbers.
- Atlas HO and N scale ARR 89' 4" flatcars in three road numbers,
- Atlas HO and N scale ARR Cupola cabooses in two road numbers.
- Bowser HO Alaska F7A units in "As Delivered" paint scheme with DCC & Sound.
- Bowser HO Alaska Railroad's Baldwin VO-1000 number 1300.
- N scale Wheels of Time bulkhead Flatcars in two ARR schemes in 8 road numbers.
- N scale Atlas Master Alaska Railroad PS 2960 Triple hoppers in 4 road numbers.
Coming in 2018:
- Rapido Trains, Alaska Railroad RDC-2 in both road numbers (711 & 712) Due: Late 2018. Very cool!
View our What's New page for more details.
Check out my friend John's Alaska Railroad web page, the best site on the ARR!
John's ARR website